SEO is one of the most important factors that can help your website rank at the top of Google’s SERP. The intent behind putting up any website is ultimately the sales or conversions made out of it. If the website isn’t readily visible to the public then it’s difficult to make any conversion happen.
Following the right set of marketing strategies can help to rank better. A robust strategy can be formed from performing regular website audits, keyword analysis, competitive research analysis, and website monitoring. People may think this is a tedious process and ignore them, but executing them is an achievable goal. There are several tools for Auditing & Monitoring Your Website. If you’d like to leverage the most effective SEO strategies for your business, get in touch with our team of SEO experts
Read on to find out some of the best SEO Tools which we think will help you in 2020!
1. Google Search Console
Google Search Console (previously Webmaster Tools) is a web service by Google that helps you to monitor, maintain, and troubleshoot your website. It provides insights on how Google sees your website. This SEO tool suite aids in identifying duplicate metadata, number of pages indexed, security problems, etc by Google. It is a widely used tool since it’s free and easy to use.
It can provide data on the number of people who visited your website, the source through which they came in, the device used by them (mobile phone or desktop), popular pages, and more. Also, this can be used in WordPress using the popular plugin Yoast SEO.
- Sitemaps of the website can be submitted for crawling.
- It helps to identify the webpage that performs well in the search engine.
- The mobile phone usability of the website can be checked using this.
- Any website indexing issue can be resolved using this tool.
- The keywords and queries that your page ranks on can be found out using this.
- The websites linking to yours can be identified as well as all the broken links and internal links.
- Google’s Fetch as Google is a very useful feature that allows you to identify URLs with poor SEO performance just like the way Google sees it.
- Google’s PageSpeed Insights is another popular feature for checking the page speed.
Ahrefs is an advanced SEO tool for auditing and monitoring websites. In terms of performance, it is the second-fastest crawler on the web with a very friendly user interface.
The data it provides can be used for link building, content marketing, SEO strategies, and keyword research. It also has a provision that helps us learn about the competitor’s website and further build a strategy with it.
- Site Explorer lets you know about the performance of each page on your website.
- Content Explorer provides information about web pages performing well under certain keywords and topics.
- Keyword Explorer provides insights into the monthly search volume and click-through rates of certain keywords.
- Site Audit feature lets you know about even very specific technical issues of a page after crawling.
- Rank Tracker, lets you know your rank and will provide you with daily keyword updates.
- It provides you with a clear backlink analysis report.
SEMRush’s SEO Marketing tool is one of the most sought after tools. It helps to know about the rankings, changes in them as well as ideas to capture better rankings. It can give insights on the competitor’s display advertising, organic and paid search, and link building strategies.
- Its Domain vs Domain feature provides deep insights on the website traffic while comparing your website with the competitors.
- It lets you compare domains as well as keywords that you wish to rank.
- Its On-Page SEO Checker tool helps in monitoring your website’s rankings and provides suggestions for improving performance.
- Domain Overview tab lets you get a wide picture of all the main webpages on a single dashboard along with related keywords, social shares, and word count.
- It aids in technical SEO audits.
- It can provide inputs required for running CPC campaigns.
Moz is an ideal tool for site auditing, Rank Tracking, Backlink analysis, and keywords research to improve their website ranking on search engines.
- Moz has an active chat portal where you can easily find answers to any of your queries
- The Mozbar is a toolbar that provides website performance metrics while browsing any page. Also, it is freely available to download.
- The Page Optimization feature gives steps to follow for improving the SEO of each page on the website.
- The Crawl Test tool in MOZ is a crawler that can manage up to 3,000 links on a particular URL. After crawling, you’ll be able to identify duplicate content and redirects affecting SEO performance from the crawling report sent to your email.
- Site Audit feature identifies any errors on the website.
If you’re a beginner trying to optimize your website, SpyFu is ideal for you. It provides data about keyword search volumes; insights about the competitor’s ads and their organic searches.
- PPC Ad Rank Tracking: It aids in tracking your ads better and provides keywords.
- Monitor PPC Competitors: Identifies and reports about your new competitors and their strategies.
- Keyword Grouping: Finds out keyword groups used by competitors so that you can use them in your campaigns.
- AdWord Advisor: Recommends useful keywords used by competitors in their campaigns.
- Keyword Spy Tool: Finds out keywords used by competitors and the clicks generated from them.
6. Screaming Frog
Most marketers and SEO experts recommend Screaming Frog for website auditing purposes. It easily detects any broken links, missing tags, duplicate content, or any form of errors.
- The tool works faster compared to other tools with similar functions.
- It can fix content-related issues, redirection, and link building issues.
- The SEO spider tool by Screaming Frog helps in deriving insights from both your website as well as your competitor’s website.
- It detects both temporary and permanent redirects chains on the website. It fetches the internal and external URLs of a website.
- Analyzes and points out if the metadata and page title of each page is of appropriate length.
- It identifies pages returning a 404 error.
- It lists all the H1 and title tags; counts all the words and combines all analytical data in one place.
- It generates XML sitemaps for the website.
Mangools have a fixed number of tools covering your website’s basic needs rather than stuffing a lot of features (though most tools have it) that a person won’t probably use.
- KWFinder: This tool helps to identify keywords suiting your website’s content. It helps you discover long-tail keywords with a low level of competition.
- SERPChecker: Figure out the keywords that websites all over the world rank for; mobile phone ranking for keywords can also be found.
- SERPWatcher: This tool alerts about any change in keyword rankings.
- LinkMiner: It helps you get insights about your competitor’s backlinks, from which you can also build your backlinks.
- SiteProfiler: Learn about your competitor’s website and derive insights from it.
Ubersuggest is an SEO tool focussed basically on generating keywords. It is much easier to build a content marketing strategy with Ubersuggest.
- It provides some excellent keyword suggestions for free that can be used in your website’s content.
- It helps in analyzing your competitor’s strategy.
- It provides location-based keyword suggestions helping in ranking better.
- Data representation through charts and graphs are also provided.
9. Google Lighthouse
Google’s Lighthouse is an SEO tool to boost the website’s performance and improve page quality. It analyzes and breaks down a website based on performance, accessibility, best practices, SEO, and progressive web applications.
- Under the performance segment, Opportunities, Field Data, Lab Data, and Diagnostics metrics can be found. It identifies render-blocking resources.
- The accessibility improvement report suggests alterations required so that better user experience is guaranteed.
- The best practices segment gives you recommendations on both your exhibition and client experience, particularly for mobile sites.
- In the SEO metric segment, it figures out blocked pages, descriptive texts, unwanted plugins, successful HTTP status code, meta descriptions, and more.
- Under the progressive web applications, it mentions a few key variables to be taken care of.
Siteliner is a tool used for detecting any duplicate content within a website. Since Google demotes websites with plagiarised content, this tool can be of great use. Simply scan your website to figure out duplicate content, broken links, average page size, speed, etc. It compares your website with other websites checked using Siteliner. It ensures that only quality content exists on your website.
Employing tools to audit and monitor websites is an accurate and error-free method to improve ranking and boost search engines. These tools can be used for optimizing content as well as for analyzing the competitors.
There are free as well as paid tools mentioned above, choose a tool suiting your business requirements and concerns. If you are uncertain about buying a tool, try its free trial version and then buy it if you were satisfied.
In case all of these seem complicated to you, do not worry, our team of SEO experts are here to help you out!